Cross Registration

Graduate students may cross-register to take graduate coursework at any SUNY institution. Students should be registered for at least one course at Buffalo State in order to cross register at another institution. Students are eligible to cross-register on a space-available basis for one course per semester (fall and spring semesters only). Students are only eligible to cross-register for a course that is not available at their home college and is listed and approved on the cross-registration form. Students will be billed directly by their home college for all credit hours including cross-registration.

Cross-registration forms are available in the Registrar’s Office or online. They must be signed by the student’s adviser and returned to the Registrar’s Office for signature. Students then take signed forms to the campus where the course will be taken, where they follow the registration procedures of that campus.

Transcripts are forwarded automatically to Buffalo State at the end of the semester. Courses taken through cross registration are recorded as if they had been taken at Buffalo State; the credit hours and grades are included in the student’s cumulative GPA.