Center for Excellence in Urban and Rural Education
Caudell Hall 107
CEURE—Center for Excellence in Urban and Rural Education—is committed to the enhancement of high-need urban and rural schools through the recruitment, retention, and continuing education of highly qualified teachers, as well as the support of reform efforts and research about effective schools. To support educational reform and school improvement, CEURE partners with schools, community groups, foundations, and other institutions of higher education across Western New York.
CEURE offers a variety of programs and services to school partners and campus colleagues. Partnerships are developed in conjunction with our undergraduate and graduate teacher education programs and include such collaborative efforts as:
- Recruitment incentives for high-need areas and underrepresented constituencies.
- Specialized staff-development programs for teachers and administrators.
- Alternative certification opportunities for high-need subject-area teachers.
- Internship opportunities.
- Future and nascent teacher mentorship and support programs.
- School partnership projects that employ teacher education majors as tutors.
- Grant submission and program implementation.