Hospitality Administration Minor
Hospitality and Tourism Department
Students are required to take 18 credit hours, distributed in the following manner, to fulfill the requirements of a minor in hospitality and tourism.
Courses within the minor provide for both general and specialized preparation.
Hospitality Administration minor guidelines:
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 is required for admission to the hospitality minor program, which consists of 18 credit hours.
- A maximum of two lower-division (100- and 200-level) courses may be accepted.
- A maximum of two courses may be transferred.
- All prerequisite courses for the hospitality major are included in the minor program.
- Only degree-seeking, matriculated students may be accepted into the minor program.
- The minor program is not available to students majoring in hospitality administration
Students are required to take 18 credit hours, distributed in the following manner, to fulfill the requirements of a minor in hospitality and tourism:
|Required Courses (9 credit hours)|
|HTR 110||INTRODUCTION TO HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM||3|
|HTR 368||HOTEL OPERATIONS||3|
|HTR 400||CATERING MANAGEMENT||3|
|Electives Selected by Advisement (9 credit hours)|
|Select three from the following:||9|
|SANITATION AND SAFETY IN FOOD SERVICE|
|APPLIED CULINARY ARTS|
|FUNDAMENTALS OF BAKESHOP PRODUCTION|
|MENU DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT|
|ADVANCED TRAINING IN HOSPITALITY|
|PRIVATE CLUB MANAGEMENT|
|STRATEGIC MARKETING IN HOSPITALITY|
|CONVENTIONS, MEETINGS, AND EXPOSITIONS|
|Total Credit Hours||18|