Center for Excellence in Urban and Rural Education
Caudell Hall 107
The Center for Excellence in Urban and Rural Education (CEURE) at Buffalo State is committed to the enhancement of high-need urban and rural schools through recruiting and retaining highly qualified teachers and supporting them through continuing professional education. CEURE partners with schools, community groups, foundations, and other institutions of higher education across Western New York to support educational reform and public school improvement, including engaging in research on the practices of effective schools.
CEURE offers a variety of programs and services to partner schools and campus colleagues. Partnerships are developed in conjunction with our undergraduate and graduate teacher-education programs and collaborative efforts that include:
- Specialized staff-development programs for teachers and administrators.
- Alternative certification opportunities for high-need subject-area teachers.
- Internship opportunities.
- Future and nascent teacher mentorship and support programs.
- School partnership projects that employ teacher-education majors as tutors.
- Grant submission and program implementation.