Teacher Leader, Advanced Certificate
Certificate of Advanced Study Program
Program Code: CAS-ED
Major Code: TLR
Elementary Education, Literacy and Educational Leadership Department
Bacon 302, (716) 878-5916
Enrollment in all teacher education programs follows the guidelines for "Admission to Teacher Education Programs" found in this catalog. Applicants who do not yet meet all admissions criteria should consult with the department.
The Teacher Leadership courses address the many powerful ways teachers can, as leaders meet what a coalition of State Education Chiefs and District Superintendents called Chiefs for Change have outlined as three key challenges: affect education policy, create constant improvement through innovative practices, and solve critical issues in schools and districts.
- Evidence of a valid permanent or professional certificate in classroom teaching, pupil personnel service, or administration that was issued by any state or national government (submit one copy with application).
- A master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Three recommendation forms that attest to applicant potential as an educational leader. Recommenders’ email address must be entered in the online application.
- Statement of leadership interests, goals, and relevant professional and community service.
- An interview providing evidence of successful leadership potential.
- Evidence of satisfactory verbal and written English language skills.