All currently registered students who will continue their studies during the next regular semester are expected to register within two weeks of their first day of registration eligibility. Procedures for registering can be found on the Registrar’s Office website where course listings are posted in March for fall registration and in October for spring registration.
Students should check their Buffalo State email accounts regularly, especially during registration. Students on waitlists should check their Buffalo State email at least daily as email notifications are sent when seats become available. All correspondence to faculty members and college staff should be sent from a student’s Buffalo State email account.
To receive accurate information about registration eligibility and to maintain registration eligibility, students should remember the following:
- Academic advisement is strongly encouraged for all matriculated graduate students. It is the student’s responsibility to seek advisement prior to registration each semester.
- Students subject to possible academic probation or dismissal should contact their academic adviser for guidance regarding course selection and registration eligibility.
- Students on academic probation/dismissal will receive official notification from the Graduate Studies Office regarding their status and registration eligibility at the close of the semester. Students may contact the office for guidance and questions.
- Students with holds (student accounts, Weigel Health Center, parking, etc.) on their accounts may be prevented from registering. Students can view holds (if applicable) directly in self-service (SSB) Banner and should follow up with the respective office.
- Not attending the first class meeting does not withdraw a student from a class, however the student should follow up with the instructor before the next class meeting.
- Graduate students with 3.0 or higher GPAs may discontinue enrollment without taking a leave of absence for one semester (fall or spring) from which they were last registered without applying for readmission. Continuous enrollment is strongly encouraged.