Career and Technical Education (B.S.)
- Occupational experience is a requirement for admission to this program. One of the following conditions must be met:
- four years full-time verified trade experience with a high school diploma.
- two years fulll-time verified trade experience with an Associates degree in the occupational area.
- one year full-time verified trade experience with a Bachelor's degree and 36 credit hours of coursework in the occupational area.
- Admission review.
- Trade proficiency may be requested by a practical and theoretical examination.
|General Education 23 Requirements
|33 credit hours
|Major Field (30 credit hours)
|COMPREHENSIVE THEORETICAL TRADE OR TECHNICAL SKILLS
|COMPREHENSIVE THEORETICAL TRADE OR TECHNICAL PERFORMANCE SKILLS
|Professional Requirements (30 credit hours)
|FOUNDATIONS OF CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION
|CURRICULUM AND EVALUATION IN CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION
|INSTRUCTIONAL STRATEGIES IN CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION
|ASSESSMENT IN CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION
|METHODS OF TEACHING CAREER AND TECHNICAL SUBJECTS
|CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION FOR STUDENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
|STUDENT TEACHING CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION
|Required Courses in Other Fields (6 credit hours)
|EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY: MIDDLE AND SECONDARY EDUCATION
|TEACHING LITERACY IN MIDDLE AND SECONDARY SCHOOLS
|All College Electives
|18-21 credit hours
|Total Credit Hours
- Candidates demonstrate readiness for entry level teaching positions and achieve at high levels
- Candidates apply knowledge of child and adolescent development
- Candidates master technical skills required in teaching and planning instruction that ensures growth and achievement for all students
- Candidates implement instruction that engages and challenges all students to meet or exceed the learning standards
- Candidates work with all students to create a dynamic learning environment that supports achievement and growth
- Candidates use multiple measures to assess and document student growth, evaluate instructional effectiveness, and modify instruction
- Candidates demonstrate professional responsibility
- Candidates set individual goals and strive for growth
- Candidates demonstrate subject matter content mastery
- Candidates demonstrate application of subject matter content