Hospitality Administration Minor
Hospitality Administration minor guidelines:
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 is required for admission to the hospitality minor program, which consists of 18 credit hours.
- A maximum of two lower-division (100- and 200-level) courses may be accepted.
- A maximum of two courses may be transferred.
- All prerequisite courses for the hospitality major are included in the minor program.
- Only degree-seeking, matriculated students may be accepted into the minor program.
- The minor program is not available to students majoring in hospitality administration
Students are required to take 18 credit hours, distributed in the following manner, to fulfill the requirements of a minor in hospitality and tourism:
|Required Courses (9 credit hours)
|INTRODUCTION TO HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM
|Electives Selected by Advisement (9 credit hours)
|Select three from the following:
|SANITATION AND SAFETY IN FOOD SERVICE
|APPLIED CULINARY ARTS
|FUNDAMENTALS OF BAKESHOP PRODUCTION
|MENU DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
|ADVANCED TRAINING IN HOSPITALITY
|PRIVATE CLUB MANAGEMENT
|STRATEGIC MARKETING IN HOSPITALITY
|CONVENTIONS, MEETINGS, AND EXPOSITIONS
|Total Credit Hours