Change of Major

Students wishing to transfer from one major to another must apply to the new degree program in accordance with established deadline dates and current admission requirements. Students must also adhere to the federal Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) guidelines. Those seeking to change majors should:

  1. Complete the Online Graduate Admissions Application. Follow instructions for applying as directed:
  2. Submit appropriate departmental supplemental materials (available to download online at as one packet to the Graduate School, Cleveland Hall 204, by stated deadline.
  3. Some departments may require their students to complete a Degree Candidacy Application at the time of admission to the program. Degree Candidacy applications from the academic department and are listed on the Graduate School website. See Candidacy section for admission to candidacy requirements.
  4. Contact the Financial Aid Office for questions regarding financial aid eligibility.