All currently registered students who will continue their studies during the next regular semester are expected to register within two weeks of their first day of registration eligibility. Procedures for registering can be found on the Registrar’s Office website. Course listings are posted on the web in March for fall and in October for spring. For links to up-to-date registration and course information, go to registrar.buffalostate.edu/registration.
Students should check their Buffalo State email account regularly, especially during registration. Students on a waitlist should check their Buffalo State Gmail at least daily. Email notifications are sent when a seat becomes available. All correspondence to faculty members or college staff should be sent from a student’s Buffalo State Gmail account.
To receive accurate information about registration eligibility and to maintain registration eligibility, students should remember the following:
- Notify the Registrar’s Office of any change of address within two weeks.
- Students subject to possible academic dismissal under probation regulations should register. Students clearly subject to dismissal should not begin a new semester or summer session until the appropriate dean has determined their status.
- Academic advisement is mandatory for all matriculated students.
- Students with outstanding financial obligations will not be allowed to register at any time.
- Not attending the first class meeting does not withdraw a student from a class.
- Students with 2.0 or higher GPAs who discontinue attendance without taking a leave of absence can register for classes without applying for readmission for up to two fall or spring semesters beyond the semester in which they were last registered. Baccalaureate graduates and students with less than 2.0 cumulative GPAs retain registration eligibility for only one fall or spring semester beyond the semester in which they were last registered.