All currently registered students who will continue their studies during the next regular semester are expected to register within two weeks of their first day of registration eligibility. Procedures for registering can be found on the Registrar’s Office website, https://registrar.buffalostate.edu/registration, where course listings are posted in March for fall and in October for spring..
Students should check their Buffalo State e-mail accounts regularly, especially during registration. Students on a waitlist should check their Buffalo State e-mail at least daily as e-mail notifications are sent when seats become available. All correspondence to faculty members or college staff should be sent from a student’s Buffalo State e-mail account.
To receive accurate information about registration eligibility and to maintain registration eligibility, students should remember the following:
- Notify the Registrar’s Office of any change of address within two weeks.
- Students subject to possible academic dismissal under probation regulations should register. Students clearly subject to dismissal should not begin a new semester or summer session until the appropriate dean has determined their status.
- Academic advisement is mandatory for all matriculated students.
- Students with outstanding financial obligations may not be allowed to register at any time.
- Not attending the first class meeting does not withdraw a student from a class.
- Students with 2.0 or higher GPAs who discontinue attendance without taking a leave of absence can register for classes without applying for readmission for up to two fall or spring semesters beyond the semester in which they were last registered.