Art Education (M.S.Ed.)
- A bachelor’s degree in a visual art-related field as well as initial certification in art education from an accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale)
- Writing Sample: a 500-1000 word sample of your best writing on an area pertaining to art education
- Nationally Normed Exam: Either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) — The scores must be submitted to the SUNY Buffalo State Graduate School
- An interview with the Art Education Department chair
- A bachelor’s degree in a visual art-related field from an accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) as well as NYS initial teacher certification in Visual Arts.
Requests for exceptions to admission requirements may be directed to the department chair. In addition, all applicants should review the Admission to a Graduate Program section in this catalog.
|Required Courses (9-12 credit hours)|
|AED 688||SEMINAR IN ART EDUCATION||3|
|AED 690||MASTER'S PROJECT||3-6|
|or AED 695||MASTER'S THESIS|
|Content Specialty Courses (15-21 credit hours)|
|Courses in: Art Education (AED), Fine Arts (FAR), and/or Design (DES)||15-21|
|General Education Courses (0-6 credit hours)|
|Select 0-6 credit hours||0-6|
|Total Credit Hours||30|
All courses are 3 credit hours unless otherwise indicated and should be selected under advisement.