Educational Leadership (C.A.S.) - Building & District
- Evidence of a valid permanent or professional certificate in classroom teaching, pupil personnel service, or administration that was issued by any state or national government (submit one copy with application).
- A master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Three recommendation forms that attest to applicant’s potential as an educational leader. Recommenders’ email address must be entered in the online application.
- Three years of successful teaching and/or supervisory and/or pupil personnel service experience in schools or agencies (pre-K-12).
- Statement of leadership interests, goals, and relevant professional and community service.
- An interview providing evidence of successful leadership potential.
- Evidence of satisfactory verbal and written English language skills.
Each admission requirement is scored according to criteria on an evaluation rubric. The total score is compiled so that any one requirement will not preclude admission, but an overall snapshot of potential student success will be considered.
In addition, all applicants should adhere to the requirements detailed in the Admission to a Graduate Program section in this catalog and utilize any related Supplemental Application Forms.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) is required to remain in the program. Coursework (including transfer credit) and field and internship experiences must be completed within six years of the date of enrollment in the program.
- A maximum of 6 credit hours of independent study may be included in the program.
- After the successful completion of EDL 703 (Educational Leadership Internship, a 3-credit course), students may enroll in EDL 705 (School District Internship, a 2-credit course). At the completion of each internship experience, a letter grade of S (Satisfactory) or U (Unsatisfactory) is awarded.
- All coursework must receive a minimum grade of C to meet program requirements.
- A maximum of 12 graduate credit may be transferred upon approval. Only grades of B or better will be accepted as transfer credit.
|EDL 552||PUBLIC SCHOOL LAW||3|
|EDL 607||SITE-BASED LEADERSHIP||3|
|EDL 612||SCHOOL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE||3|
|EDL 613||SCHOOL DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION AND GOVERNANCE||3|
|EDL 630||CURRICULUM LEADERSHIP||3|
|EDL 631||SUPERVISION OF TEACHING||3|
|EDL 702||EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP FIELD EXPERIENCES (1 credit hour course taken 3 times for total of 3 credit hours)||3|
|EDL 703||EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP INTERNSHIP||3|
|EDL 704||SEMINAR IN EDUCATIONAL CHANGE||3|
|EDL 559||PRINCIPLES IN CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING||3|
|EDL 683||FACILITATION OF GROUP PROBLEM SOLVING||3|
|EDL 705||SCHOOL DISTRICT INTERNSHIP||2|
|EDL 602||ADMINISTRATION OF SPECIAL EDUCATION PROGRAMS||3|
|Total Credit Hours||38|