Educational Leadership (C.A.S.) - Building
- Evidence of a valid permanent or professional certificate in classroom teaching, pupil personnel service, or administration that was issued by any state or national government (submit copy).
- A master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Three recommendation forms that attest to applicant’s potential as an educational leader. Recommenders’ email address must be entered in the online application.
- Three years of successful teaching and/or supervisory and/or pupil personnel service experience in schools or agencies (pre-K-12).
- An interview providing evidence of successful leadership potential.
- Evidence of satisfactory verbal and written English language skills.
In addition, all applicants should review the Admission to a Graduate Program section in this catalog.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) is required to remain in the program.
- Coursework (including transfer credit) and field and internship experiences must be completed within six years of the date of enrollment in the program.
- An application for admission to candidacy, signed by the student, the student’s academic adviser, the department chair, and the School of Education dean, must be submitted after the completion of 6 credit hours and before the completion of 12 credit hours.
- A maximum of 6 credit hours of independent study may be included in the program.
- At the completion of 24 credit hours of coursework in EDL, students may enroll in EDL 703 (Educational Leadership Internship, a 3-credit course). At the completion of the EDL 703 internship and at the completion of each field experience, a letter grade of S (Satisfactory) or U (Unsatisfactory) is awarded.
- All coursework must receive a minimum grade of C to meet program requirements.
- A maximum of 12 graduate-level credit hours may be transferred upon approval. Only grades of B or better will be accepted as transfer credit.
|Required Courses (30 cr. hrs)|
|EDL 552||PUBLIC SCHOOL LAW||3|
|EDL 559||PRINCIPLES IN CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING||3|
|EDL 607||SITE-BASED LEADERSHIP||3|
|EDL 612||SCHOOL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE||3|
|EDL 630||CURRICULUM LEADERSHIP||3|
|EDL 631||SUPERVISION OF TEACHING||3|
|EDL 683||FACILITATION OF GROUP PROBLEM SOLVING||3|
|EDL 702||EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP FIELD EXPERIENCES (1 credit hour course taken 3 times for total of 3 credit hours)||3|
|EDL 703||EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP INTERNSHIP||3|
|EDL 704||SEMINAR IN EDUCATIONAL CHANGE||3|
|Elective (3 cr. hrs.)||3|
|Choose one from the following:|
|METHODS, THEORIES, AND MODELS OF CREATIVE LEARNING|
|ADMINISTRATION OF SPECIAL EDUCATION PROGRAMS|
|ADMINISTRATION OF PROGRAMS FOR THE YOUNG CHILD|
|Total Credit Hours||33|