January Term (J-Term)
The January Term, (J-Term), is a three-week mini-term that occurs during the first three weeks of January. It is an opportunity to earn 1‒6 credits.
- Matriculated students must secure approval from an appropriate academic adviser to register for more than 6 credit hours.
- Probationary students seeking to override the 6-credit-hour limit must receive approval through their dean’s office.
- Cross-registration is not permitted during J-Term.
Federal Financial Aid Processing
- J-Term is not considered a stand-alone semester. It is part of the spring semester.
- Students identified as ineligible for federal financial aid after the fall semester cannot regain aid eligibility for the spring semester by attending J-Term.
- A separate aid application is required to be considered for J-Term financial aid and is available online each November.
Tuition and Fees
Students are charged per credit hour for J-Term. J-term charges are not included with spring charges and a separate bill will be generated for each term.